Amazon announced Echo Show this morning, a touchscreen-enabled Alexa product.
Amazon is boasting the following features for Echo Show:
- Echo Show brings you everything you love about Alexa, and now she can show you things. Watch video flash briefings and YouTube, see music lyrics, security cameras, photos, weather forecasts, to-do and shopping lists, and more. All hands-free—just ask.
- Introducing a new way to be together. Talk to family and friends who have an Echo or the Alexa App.
- See lyrics on-screen with Amazon Music. Just ask to play a song, artist, or genre, and stream over Wi-Fi. Also, stream music on Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, and more.
- Powerful, room-filling speakers with Dolby processing for crisp vocals and extended bass response
- Ask Alexa to show you the front door or monitor the baby’s room with compatible cameras from Ring and Arlo. Turn on lights, control thermostats, and more with WeMo, Philips Hue, ecobee, and other compatible smart home devices.
- With eight microphones, beam-forming technology, and noise cancellation, Echo Show hears you from any direction—even while music is playing
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Jeopardy!, Allrecipes, CNN, and more
Echo Show appears to have a similar set of voice commands as other Alexa products…
…Along with a handful of new “show me” commands:
Echo Show is also launching with an impressive list of compatible services and partners:
Echo Show is currently on presale for $229.99.
To learn more about Echo Show, watch the video below, or head over to Amazon’s official listing.